3) Put the vegetables, dal, turmeric powder, salt and water
in pressure cooker.
(If the turmeric is of the pure quality from Kandhamal district
of Odisha, then it adds to the taste.)
4) Boil it till the cooker sounds 3 to 4 whistles.
5) Fry some jeera, sorisha (mustard), methi, piaaja (onion),
rasuNa (garlic), adaa (ginger), sukhila lanka (red chilly)
in either ghee or oil.
6) Put some already boiled vegetables+dal in the pan and mix it
7) Mix that masala in the whole content of boiled vegetables+dal
Dalama/Dalma/Dalema is ready.
Note: If someone doesn’t take onion and garlic, then they can avoid it. They can just use jeera, mustard, red chilly etc for the fry. The dalama can be taken with bhata(rice)/ruti(roti)/puri/upama.
[ Odia version of the blog is available at MEDIUM.COM (Click here) ]